11 X 17 Printer/Copier

Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
$3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
any thoughts.

Adam
3 answers Last reply
More about printer copier

    Adam wrote:

    > Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
    > to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
    > copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
    > ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
    > $3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
    > they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
    > any thoughts.
    >
    > Adam

    For most people, paper is 8 1/2 X 11 inches. There is a mass market for
    machines that handle that paper. Mass market machines are CHEAPER.

    For only a few people, relatively, there is 11 X 17 paper. There are a
    few EXPENSIVE machines made for these odd sized people.

    So, your probably solution is to find one used, maybe on eBay. Then,
    maybe you can meet your cost.

    I would guess shipping costs are going to be substantial though.

    There is usually a high cost for specialized graphics stuff.

    Jim

    In article <cnjl9r0htl@enews3.newsguy.com>,
    jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    >
    > > Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
    > > to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
    > > copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
    > > ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
    > > $3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
    > > they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
    > > any thoughts.
    > >
    > > Adam
    >

    > For most people, paper is 8 1/2 X 11 inches. There is a mass market for
    > machines that handle that paper. Mass market machines are CHEAPER.
    >
    > For only a few people, relatively, there is 11 X 17 paper. There are a
    > few EXPENSIVE machines made for these odd sized people.
    >
    > So, your probably solution is to find one used, maybe on eBay. Then,
    > maybe you can meet your cost.
    >
    > I would guess shipping costs are going to be substantial though.
    >

    > There is usually a high cost for specialized graphics stuff.
    >
    > Jim

    the HP Deskjet 1220C is a color inkjet printer that does 11x17
    and it's not very expensive (well under $500 last time i looked).
    Epson also makes printers that do 13x19, which is often used
    for graphics arts work. because of the graphics arts connections,
    finding scanners that do 11x17 isn't too hard although i can't
    name one off the top of my head.

    i currently have a 1220C for 11x17 CAD drawings.
    i'm looking at a DesignJet 130nr, though, since i need 24x36
    (double 11x17, essentially)

    -mo
  3. Adam said:

    Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
    to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
    copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
    ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
    $3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
    they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
    any thoughts.

    Adam

    Adam,

    I have your same problem only I am looking for a laser all in one.
    In my search I found a Brother MFC-J6710dw wireless inkjet All-in-One at Office Depot. It is on sale for 199.00 and may be just what you need. Check it out.

Printers Peripherals