11 X 17 Printer/Copier

Adam

Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
$3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
any thoughts.

Adam

Adam wrote:

> Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
> to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
> copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
> ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
> $3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
> they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
> any thoughts.
>
> Adam

For most people, paper is 8 1/2 X 11 inches. There is a mass market for
machines that handle that paper. Mass market machines are CHEAPER.

For only a few people, relatively, there is 11 X 17 paper. There are a
few EXPENSIVE machines made for these odd sized people.

So, your probably solution is to find one used, maybe on eBay. Then,
maybe you can meet your cost.

I would guess shipping costs are going to be substantial though.

There is usually a high cost for specialized graphics stuff.

Jim

In article <cnjl9r0htl@enews3.newsguy.com>,
jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote:

> Adam wrote:
>
> > Are there any all in one machines that do 11 X 17 inch paper? I want
> > to be able to copy and scan 11 X 17 paper. I have found machines that
> > copy scan and print 8 X 11 for around $300. However, the cheapest
> > ones that I can find that will handle 11 X 17 inch paper are over
> > $3000. I would like to spend no more than $1000. I don't care if
> > they are ink jet or laser, black and white or color. Thank you for
> > any thoughts.
> >
> > Adam
>

> For most people, paper is 8 1/2 X 11 inches. There is a mass market for
> machines that handle that paper. Mass market machines are CHEAPER.
>
> For only a few people, relatively, there is 11 X 17 paper. There are a
> few EXPENSIVE machines made for these odd sized people.
>
> So, your probably solution is to find one used, maybe on eBay. Then,
> maybe you can meet your cost.
>
> I would guess shipping costs are going to be substantial though.
>

> There is usually a high cost for specialized graphics stuff.
>
> Jim

the HP Deskjet 1220C is a color inkjet printer that does 11x17
and it's not very expensive (well under $500 last time i looked).
Epson also makes printers that do 13x19, which is often used
for graphics arts work. because of the graphics arts connections,
finding scanners that do 11x17 isn't too hard although i can't
name one off the top of my head.

i currently have a 1220C for 11x17 CAD drawings.
i'm looking at a DesignJet 130nr, though, since i need 24x36
(double 11x17, essentially)

-mo

charzee

Honorable
May 8, 2012

Adam,

I have your same problem only I am looking for a laser all in one.
In my search I found a Brother MFC-J6710dw wireless inkjet All-in-One at Office Depot. It is on sale for 199.00 and may be just what you need. Check it out.