Can't load flightplan in FMC (PMDG737NG)

Last response: in Video Games
April 9, 2005 2:30:46 PM

Could someone help me here please?

I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in the
RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error messages
"Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the filename
of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.

What's going wrong here?
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 5:37:30 PM

James,

Make sure the PMDG and FSNAV databases are the same. Download the latest
for each from here:

http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php

It sounds like the route has a waypoint in it that the FMC does not
recognise.

I just tried loading a route that way myself and it works. I've never done
it that way before so it just shows that you learn something new every day
:-)

Regards

Geoff

"Jamezzz" <Jamezzznot@nothot.com> wrote in message
> Could someone help me here please?
>
> I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
> FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in the
> RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error messages
> "Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the
filename
> of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.
>
> What's going wrong here?

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:15:35 PM

Bingo, this worked!

I didn't quite understand why and what I was doing when downloading the
files from the website you mentioned, because FSNav gets its data from FS9
(it is copied from FS9 when first running FSNav in FS9) and I thought the
PMDG's FMC would do the same and as a result all three databases would be
equal. But apparantly not:-))

Thanks a lot Geoff for helping me out!

"GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> James,
>
> Make sure the PMDG and FSNAV databases are the same. Download the latest
> for each from here:
>
> http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php
>
> It sounds like the route has a waypoint in it that the FMC does not
> recognise.
>
> I just tried loading a route that way myself and it works. I've never
done
> it that way before so it just shows that you learn something new every day
> :-)
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff
>

> "Jamezzz" <Jamezzznot@nothot.com> wrote in message
> > Could someone help me here please?
> >
> > I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
> > FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in
the
> > RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error
messages
> > "Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the
> filename
> > of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.
> >
> > What's going wrong here?

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:49:34 PM

James,

No problem and I'm pleased it got your issue sorted. I think FSNAV only gets
certain info from FS9, such as airports, runways, frequencies etc. I think a
lot, if not all the waypoint info is supplied in the files you download, and
these can change which is why you get the problem.

!