Can't load flightplan in FMC (PMDG737NG)

Could someone help me here please?

I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in the
RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error messages
"Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the filename
of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.

What's going wrong here?
3 answers Last reply
More about load flightplan pmdg737ng

    James,

    Make sure the PMDG and FSNAV databases are the same. Download the latest
    for each from here:

    http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php

    It sounds like the route has a waypoint in it that the FMC does not
    recognise.

    I just tried loading a route that way myself and it works. I've never done
    it that way before so it just shows that you learn something new every day
    :-)

    Regards

    Geoff

    "Jamezzz" <Jamezzznot@nothot.com> wrote in message
    > Could someone help me here please?
    >
    > I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
    > FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in the
    > RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error messages
    > "Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the
    filename
    > of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.
    >
    > What's going wrong here?

    Bingo, this worked!

    I didn't quite understand why and what I was doing when downloading the
    files from the website you mentioned, because FSNav gets its data from FS9
    (it is copied from FS9 when first running FSNav in FS9) and I thought the
    PMDG's FMC would do the same and as a result all three databases would be
    equal. But apparantly not:-))

    Thanks a lot Geoff for helping me out!

    "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > James,
    >
    > Make sure the PMDG and FSNAV databases are the same. Download the latest
    > for each from here:
    >
    > http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php
    >
    > It sounds like the route has a waypoint in it that the FMC does not
    > recognise.
    >
    > I just tried loading a route that way myself and it works. I've never
    done
    > it that way before so it just shows that you learn something new every day
    > :-)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Geoff
    >

    > "Jamezzz" <Jamezzznot@nothot.com> wrote in message
    > > Could someone help me here please?
    > >
    > > I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to the
    > > FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in
    the
    > > RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error
    messages
    > > "Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the
    > filename
    > > of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK 2L.
    > >
    > > What's going wrong here?

    James,

    No problem and I'm pleased it got your issue sorted. I think FSNAV only gets
    certain info from FS9, such as airports, runways, frequencies etc. I think a
    lot, if not all the waypoint info is supplied in the files you download, and
    these can change which is why you get the problem.

    > Bingo, this worked!
    >
    > I didn't quite understand why and what I was doing when downloading the
    > files from the website you mentioned, because FSNav gets its data from FS9
    > (it is copied from FS9 when first running FSNav in FS9) and I thought the
    > PMDG's FMC would do the same and as a result all three databases would be
    > equal. But apparantly not:-))
    >
    > Thanks a lot Geoff for helping me out!
    >

    > "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > > James,
    > >
    > > Make sure the PMDG and FSNAV databases are the same. Download the
    latest
    > > for each from here:
    > >
    > > http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php
    > >
    > > It sounds like the route has a waypoint in it that the FMC does not
    > > recognise.
    > >
    > > I just tried loading a route that way myself and it works. I've never
    > done
    > > it that way before so it just shows that you learn something new every
    day
    > > :-)
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Geoff
    > >

    > > "Jamezzz" <Jamezzznot@nothot.com> wrote in message
    > > > Could someone help me here please?
    > > >
    > > > I created a flightplan in FSNav and exported it -in PMDG format- to
    the
    > > > FLIGHTPLANS folder in the PMDG directory. So far so good. But once in
    > the
    > > > RTE screen of the FMC in order to load the flightplan, the error
    > messages
    > > > "Not in database" and "Program error" occur after having typed the
    > > filename
    > > > of the flightplan (without .rte) in the scratchboard and pressed LSK
    2L.

    > > > What's going wrong here?

Microsoft Video Games