miloman

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
Hi guys

I am looking at buying a video card possibly a GeForce 6800GS but i would like to no what the best brand is I dont realy care for warranty just how good the finished product is i would also like to no who has better cooling (my main concern) as i am a overclocker. Ive been told evga and bfg (correct me if im wrong) are the best i just dont no which one to chose. (Im only new to this whole hardware thing im only 12.)

Thanks in advance

metalweenis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Personally I would go with the BFG card, because they make solid products have very good customer service. But the eVga card can overclock well too. It doesn't really matter which one you get, both will do the job.

paghdatis

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
you should get the xfx geforce6800 gs, the one wich is overclocked by default from manufactiarer. its still the same price and it gives you better performance than a geforce6800gt and is close to ultra

mpjesse

Splendid
eVGA has an awesome warranty. You say you're an overclocker... well eVGA has a lifetime warranty that covers overclocking damage!

Can't beat that.

As far as performance is concerned, all manufacturers are equal. The most important thing to take note of is the clock speeds of both the core and memory. All OEM's clock their cards differently... generally speaking, eVGA, BFG, and XFX tend to factory overclock their cards.

For example:
The stock speeds for the 7800 GTX is supposed to be 430mhz core and 1.2Ghz memory (this is according to nVidia). However, my XFX cards are factory clocked at 490Mhz core and 1.3Ghz memory. Manufactures like PNY, Albatron, and Asus generally tend to stick with the nVidia recommended (and slower) clock speeds.

Make sense?

-mpjesse