Your cat is a murder machine.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill - the funny

http://www.kittycams.uga.edu/research.html - the facts

Turns out cats kill over 2 billion furry little critters each year.

Results indicate that a minority of roaming cats in Athens (44%) hunt wildlife and that reptiles, mammals and invertebrates constitute the majority of suburban prey. Hunting cats captured an average of 2 items during seven days of roaming. Carolina anoles (small lizards) were the most common prey species followed by Woodland Voles (small mammals). Only one of the vertebrates captured was a non-native species (a House Mouse). Eighty-five percent of wildlife captures were witnessed during the warm season (March-November in the southern US). Cats roaming during warmer seasons were more likely to exhibit hunting behavior and the number of captures per hunting cat is expected to decrease with increasing cat age. Cat age, sex, and time spent outside did not significantly influence hunting behavior.

Over the years, I've had both cats and a hybird wolf.

The cat was just an animal shelter rescue but he had a deformity, he had six toes on both his front paws. Generally, we would let him roam our/neighbors yard during the day and would sleep in the house at night. More times than not, there would be a dead furry something on the patio door mat. Sometimes birds, sometimes mice, one time he caught a full grown rabbit and left it as a gift. He would watch us scoop it up with a plastic bag or shovel and you could tell that he was just proud as hell with himself for making an offering. What a funny cat...

Years later, met a Malamute breeder who also had ties to a wolf rescue, and he would breed the wolves with his malamutes. He had a runt that didn't fully meet the "standard" for a wolf hybrid and he gave it to me. While this dog may not have met the physical standard for a hybrid wolf, it had the instincts. Very hard to train, stubborn and independent, but very loyal and mindful of the "pack leader". When I was home, I would let him off the chain and run the property but he was kept on the chain whenever I wasn't home. I lived on 3 acres that bordered farmland and it took me about 4 years to train him to know his territory and keep him from running the farmland to hunt. Whenever he came home after taking off, his face would always be covered in blood and his coat messed up from rolling in whatever smelled good. Once he fully became grown and matured into an adult dog, he stuck more to his territory and rarely ran away. After he learned his territory, anything smaller than him that came into the property became fair game. I had to take away more groundhogs, rabbits, birds, moles, voles, and squirrels than I can remember. I would intentionally let him stalk and catch whatever it was, but tried to take away whatever he killed before he could eat it; fear of disease and such. When I would take him for a walk, I would sometimes scare up rabbits and have them run in his direction just to watch him jump around, shake, and mangle them. Might sound sadistic, but the dog had fun and I truly enjoyed watching his base instincts take control. I put that dog, Max, to sleep when he was 13 and his hips failed and he couldn't walk anymore and then went on a two day boozer. I miss that dog...

riser

Illustrious
Cats are killers. Indoor cats kill just to kill.

I'm glad my cat is declawed.. because my doberman would be dead if the cat still had claws. I'll be hanging out and I start hearing "whack whack whack hissss" and Ilook over to see my cat slapping the crap out of the dog. The dog can't keep up, runs away.. and the cats actualyl chases.

Siamese cat.. explains a lot though. :)

Go go necro post!

Lol mine only ever got the random shrew who snuck in. When he was a brand new stray kitty. Full on "here you go master I found this dead thing for you"

Up to three strays from work. But if not for the first perfect one. Sleeping on my leg now. They'd be at the humane society or put down. (last two are a little weird lol)

To be fair, how long would you're doberman keep attacking the cat if the cat had been allowed to defend itself? Pretty sure he'd shut up and get lost. or get his face torn off. did you Detooth him when he attacked the cat?

Imagine how TERRIFIED a tiny cat who can't do shit to defend itself because you declawed him, is when its cornered by an animal 5-20 times its size. And thinks it about to die. And you don't give a fuck