Printing from Internet Explorer causes the right hand marg..

When I Print from Internet Explorer the right hand margins are cut off
by about an inch. Reducing the specified width of the margins from 0.8" to
0.3" seems to solve the problem. However, now the width of the layout on
the page seems too large. Worst yet when I close the browser and reopen it
I have to readjust the margins. How can I solve the problem?

Don J

Don't know what has happened to yours not "sticking" with your new settings.
Mine does. Make sure you click apply before closing the window on the Page
Setup.

If it still gives problems, print in Landscape mode. This has to be set
either default for the entire program base in Printers and Fax settings for
the individual printer or you will have to set in IE each time you want to
print.

"Don J" <dej4000@comcast.net> wrote in message

> When I Print from Internet Explorer the right hand margins are cut
off
> by about an inch. Reducing the specified width of the margins from 0.8"
> 0.3" seems to solve the problem. However, now the width of the layout on
> the page seems too large. Worst yet when I close the browser and reopen
it
> I have to readjust the margins. How can I solve the problem?
>
> Don J

There is no Reply button in my window for the Page Setup screen. The only
buttons are "OK, Cancel and Printer". Hitting the Printer button brings up
a screen with another three buttons "Network, OK and Cancel".

Don J

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Don't know what has happened to yours not "sticking" with your new
settings.
> Mine does. Make sure you click apply before closing the window on the
Page
> Setup.
>
> If it still gives problems, print in Landscape mode. This has to be set
> either default for the entire program base in Printers and Fax settings
for
> the individual printer or you will have to set in IE each time you want to
> print.
>

> "Don J" <dej4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > When I Print from Internet Explorer the right hand margins are cut
> off
> > by about an inch. Reducing the specified width of the margins from 0.8"
> > 0.3" seems to solve the problem. However, now the width of the layout
on
> > the page seems too large. Worst yet when I close the browser and reopen
> it
> > I have to readjust the margins. How can I solve the problem?
> >
> > Don J

Oops, meant OK. When I change the margins and hit OK my settings stick from
power-up to power-up. As I said before, I don't know what has happened to
yours. Hopefully someone else can give advice on the problem you are
having.

There are some web sites that will not print properly in portrait mode and
you do have to select landscape mode to get the full page on the screen.
There is no automatic compression feature (fit to page) that I am aware of
in IE.

> There is no Reply button in my window for the Page Setup screen. The only
> buttons are "OK, Cancel and Printer". Hitting the Printer button brings
up
> a screen with another three buttons "Network, OK and Cancel".
>
> Don J

> "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
> > Don't know what has happened to yours not "sticking" with your new
> settings.
> > Mine does. Make sure you click apply before closing the window on the
> Page
> > Setup.
> >
> > If it still gives problems, print in Landscape mode. This has to be set
> > either default for the entire program base in Printers and Fax settings
> for
> > the individual printer or you will have to set in IE each time you want
> > print.
> >

> > "Don J" <dej4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > When I Print from Internet Explorer the right hand margins are
cut
> > off
> > > by about an inch. Reducing the specified width of the margins from
0.8"
> > > 0.3" seems to solve the problem. However, now the width of the layout
> on
> > > the page seems too large. Worst yet when I close the browser and
reopen
> > it
> > > I have to readjust the margins. How can I solve the problem?
> > >
> > > Don J

Your comment on pressing 'OK' has solved the problem. Thanks!

I must have been pressing 'Cancel'. This solves 90% of the problem.
However my present margins are now set to 0.3" on both the left and right,
and gives me a very wide printout.