CD ROM Drive not working

Hi,

I have recently restored someones PC back to Windows 95
and now the CD ROM drive recognizes every CD as a music CD
and will not work correctly.

Any possible help here?

Thanks,

Jignesh.
2 answers Last reply
More about drive working

    I would use TweakUI.

    There are settings on the Paranoia tab that enable both
    types of CD.

    TweakUI 1.33 - The latest version for all versions of
    Windows from 95 to Me and 2000 -

    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/
    Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

    Eric,
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
    http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, that didn't help. It still thinks that
    every CD I insert is an Audio CD. In Explorer, it shows
    every CD as an Audio CD and that there is only one track
    on there.

    Any other tips/hints would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jignesh.

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows