ethernet card

I have an OLD IBM thinkpad 365X running windows 95. I use
it mostly for wordprocessing, but I was wondering whether
it would be possible to install an ethernet card to use
the internet on this computer. Does anyone know:

1) whether this is possible and/or practical on a machine
this old?
2) how I would find out which ethernet card might be
compatible? (I have searched the IBM website and have not
found it to be very useful in determining this)

thanks

"daveb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an OLD IBM thinkpad 365X running windows 95. I use
>it mostly for wordprocessing, but I was wondering whether
>it would be possible to install an ethernet card to use
>the internet on this computer. Does anyone know:

>1) whether this is possible and/or practical on a machine
>this old?

Why not? We were using the 'net with Win3.1.

>2) how I would find out which ethernet card might be
>compatible? (I have searched the IBM website and have not
>found it to be very useful in determining this)

I assume that this is a laptop. Does it have PC card (used to be
PCMCIA card) slot? If so, then I would think that any PC card ethernet
adapter should work. The stumbling block is going to find one that can
work with Win95.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

What support for add-on devices does the machine have, such as PCMCIA? At
worst case, you can get an Ethernet card that connects through the parallel
(printer) port.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)