FVM318 cannot access mapped drives

Todd

I have set up a VPN using a Netgear FVM318 and the Netgear Prosafe VPN
client. I am finally able to connect and I can ping computers on my local
network by their IP addresses but I cannot access them by their computer
names or by mapped drive letters. I have enabled NetBIOS on the router but
it makes no difference.

I also seem to be having trouble connecting when I am behind a NAT router.
When behind NAT I cannot even ping an IP address an I can when I just use
and unprotected dial-up.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

Todd

There are issues regarding NATing ESP tunnels... In fact, what I've
found so far is ESP doesn't use any particular port so it can't really
be NAT'd... Therefore, the switch allow you to have your tunnel going
through a NAT by specifying the desired NAT port so it can "direct/fake" it.

I never tried your netgear model but it's what I had to do with my
Nortel Contivity VPN switch...

good luck !

ben