Forgot Win95 password

I forgot Win95 password, how can I change my password? Help, thanks.

Delete the <username>.pwl file.

When you logon the next time, you can make it whatever you want. My
preference was always a blank password in win95.
(I.e not Cancel but just OK without typing anything in the password block)

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"JHLIN" <JHLIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I forgot Win95 password, how can I change my password? Help, thanks.

Go to START - FIND- ALL FILES AND FOLDERS
Then type in;
*.pwl
for the search item and click on Find Now.
Then delete all files that you find.
Restart the computer and it will ask for a new password.
Leave the password line blank and click the OK.
Now your password is just a blank.
The password in windows 95 & 98 does not protect your or anyone else, it
just allows your to have different startup desk top for each user.