msgsrv32 illegal operation

laura

I am running Windows 95. I get the message msgsrv32 this program has
performed illegal operation. When I click on details I get mscsrv32
caused invalid page fault in module iphlpapi.dll. The machine just
restarts.

It happens right before the icons are supposed to load and it won't
boot. I am not even sure if I can get into safe mode or a dos prompt.
I tried but I couldn't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

msgsrv32 is a "message server"....when there is an error involving that file, it is
usually just caught in the middle of some other problem. In this case, it appears
to involve iphlpapi.dll

You need to try to get into Safe Mode, as the error may be due to using Microsoft
Broadband networking hardware:

MSBBN: "Iphlpapi.dll Cannot Start" Error Message When You Try to Install Broadband:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;823256

or, if you have installed AOL9.0, you need to try going back to AOL 8.

Try the procedures in the article I linked above, to get into Safe Mode:
Restart your computer, press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting,
then use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode on the Boot menu, and press Enter.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm