Shell 32 won't let me install!

Jessica

My dad and I just recently purchased an older laptop. When we go to install
the AOL cd, an error comes up saying something like:

"The file CDPICKER.EXE is linked to missing to export
shell32.dll:SHGetFolderPathA

I called AOL tech support and they told me it was a Microsoft'Windows issue.
Can anyone please tell me what I can do to fix this problem without having
to pay anyone?

Thanks,

Jessica

This item probably applies, although the description is slightly different.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302749
General Protection Fault When You Install America Online
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My dad and I just recently purchased an older laptop. When we go to
> install
> the AOL cd, an error comes up saying something like:
>
> "The file CDPICKER.EXE is linked to missing to export
> shell32.dll:SHGetFolderPathA
>
> I called AOL tech support and they told me it was a Microsoft'Windows
> issue.
> Can anyone please tell me what I can do to fix this problem without having
> to pay anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jessica

What year is your laptop.
Old computer some times will not take more
than a 7 or or 8 the nine will not work..

Try running "setup9x.exe" from the "Aol60" folder on the CD.

Ben