Strange icon behavior

I'm experiencing strange behavior periodically with
certain files that I have saved. The icons for jpeg images
and word documents in particular change from there default
to...word changes to a rar icon and jpeg to what looks
like a windows update icon. The files become normal on
reboot. I'm thinking it's a memory issue. Has anyone had
this same behavior?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I would try using TweakUI's Repair => Rebuild Icons anD
Repair System Files features.

TweakUI 1.33 - The latest version for all versions of
Windows from 95 to Me and 2000 -

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/
Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

It looks more like a cache problem and your icon cache is set too
small.

Make up a file from the lines below. Copy into a file called fix.reg
which should be created in Notepad. Do not retype, copy in case of
errors. The 1st line in the file is the line REGEDIT4
Make sure your mail or news reader does not add any spaces to the end
of a line.
The last line must be blank.
Doubleclick fix.reg

-----copy below this line fix.reg------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer]
"Max Cached Icons"="2048"

---- end file above here

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Altona"