New Mouse on old W95

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 29, 2004 1:56:54 PM

My daughter took over my old W95 computer and we bought a
new keyboard/mouse set for her birthday. The keyboard
works fine but the computer says there is no mouse, even
though we have installed the drivers which came with it
and it is supposed to be W95 compatible. We have a PS2-
9pinD adapter which we got for the existing Microsoft
Intellimouse. Is this the problem and are we on a loser?
Many thanks for any advice going!
John

More about : mouse w95

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 7:15:44 PM

"John Hargreaves" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My daughter took over my old W95 computer and we bought a
> new keyboard/mouse set for her birthday. The keyboard
> works fine but the computer says there is no mouse, even
> though we have installed the drivers which came with it
> and it is supposed to be W95 compatible. We have a PS2-
> 9pinD adapter which we got for the existing Microsoft
> Intellimouse. Is this the problem and are we on a loser?
> Many thanks for any advice going!
> John

Unless the mouse is _specifically_ designed to work in both ps2 and serial
ports it won't work. Have your neighbors check their closets for serial
mice.
!