Problem with hp 630c

Hi,

I have problem with my printer (hp 630c on LPT port). Everything is fine but
if I want to print a text (for example) the printer prints on the paper
strange signs. The printer was in service about 2 days ago and works good
(it wasn't broken!). I have orginal drivers from cd adds to the printer in
box. I use Windows 98 SE. Can new drivers form www of hp help? Where is the
problem in?

PS. Driver installs from cd without problem. Problem is "on the paper".

Thanks you all for answer.

Adam
1 answer Last reply
More about problem 630c

    Most likely the printer(or the cable,if several years old) doesn´t support ECP
    mode(turn off in BIOS).
    If this won´t do it,then turn off the spooler and set the print engine to RAW
    format instead of EMF.
    Probably the drivers are too old,and you have to use the generic windows
    driver.

Printers Hewlett Packard CD-Rom Peripherals