ISP blocking VPN?

Hi all

I am trying to create a VPN to Spain, the tunnel is up according to the logs
however i cannot 'ping' or browse, i think the packets are being dropped. I
am not a newbie to this and usually once the tunnel is up it works ok.

Has anyone heard of an ISP blocking ESP packets? The ISP in Spain is
Wanadoo.

Any ideas,

Cheers

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about blocking

    I have a friend in France using Wanadoo, and he said that he can run
    an ipsec vpvn through France without any blocks.

    Brad

    Andy wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I am trying to create a VPN to Spain, the tunnel is up according to the logs
    > however i cannot 'ping' or browse, i think the packets are being dropped. I
    > am not a newbie to this and usually once the tunnel is up it works ok.

    How do You know the tunnel is up?

    If the tunnel is up and you cannot ping anything through the tunnel then
    maybe your routing is not setup correctly.

    Normally, you set up a tunnel with public Ip - addresses at both
    endpoints and use private address space inside it (hence the name
    virtual private network).

    > Has anyone heard of an ISP blocking ESP packets? The ISP in Spain is
    > Wanadoo.

    then your tunnel wouild not be up. Remember that everything You do
    inside the tunnel is hidden (well, the ISP - and anyone looking over
    their shoulder - can see but not decode the traffic!)...

    --
    Martin Bodenstedt

    Landtag von Baden-Württemberg (www.landtag-bw.de)

VPN Tunnel Internet Service Providers Networking