  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
June 12, 2004 2:16:16 PM

Hi all

I am trying to create a VPN to Spain, the tunnel is up according to the logs
however i cannot 'ping' or browse, i think the packets are being dropped. I
am not a newbie to this and usually once the tunnel is up it works ok.

Has anyone heard of an ISP blocking ESP packets? The ISP in Spain is
Wanadoo.

Any ideas,

Cheers

Andy

More about : isp blocking vpn

June 13, 2004 1:15:15 AM

I have a friend in France using Wanadoo, and he said that he can run
an ipsec vpvn through France without any blocks.

Brad

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:16:16 +0100, "Andy" <andy.collins@zen.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I am trying to create a VPN to Spain, the tunnel is up according to the logs
>however i cannot 'ping' or browse, i think the packets are being dropped. I
>am not a newbie to this and usually once the tunnel is up it works ok.
>
>Has anyone heard of an ISP blocking ESP packets? The ISP in Spain is
>Wanadoo.
>
>Any ideas,
>
>Cheers
>
>Andy

Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:51:33 PM

Andy wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to create a VPN to Spain, the tunnel is up according to the logs
> however i cannot 'ping' or browse, i think the packets are being dropped. I
> am not a newbie to this and usually once the tunnel is up it works ok.

How do You know the tunnel is up?

If the tunnel is up and you cannot ping anything through the tunnel then
maybe your routing is not setup correctly.

Normally, you set up a tunnel with public Ip - addresses at both
endpoints and use private address space inside it (hence the name
virtual private network).

> Has anyone heard of an ISP blocking ESP packets? The ISP in Spain is
> Wanadoo.

then your tunnel wouild not be up. Remember that everything You do
inside the tunnel is hidden (well, the ISP - and anyone looking over
their shoulder - can see but not decode the traffic!)...

--
Martin Bodenstedt

Landtag von Baden-W├╝rttemberg (www.landtag-bw.de)
!