IE5.0 - Kernal 32 - protection fault module DIBENG.DLL

martin

Every time I reboot I cannot get past an Explorer error
that reads; EXPLORER caused a general protection fault in
module DIBENG.DLL at 0003:00000e41. After continuing to
try to 'close' or 'ignore' the error screen, it simply
returns to the Windows "reboot" [press CTRL+ALT+DEL]
screen with the error message; A fatal exception OE has
occurred at 0137:BFF9A07C. ...Application will be
terminated. This is an old machine with a 3.5" floppy &
CD-ROM drive [not CD-RW]. I do not have a 'boot' disk or
know of anyway to get past this IE error. Any help would
be MUCH appreciated!

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If no one answers the question, I would use parts of the
error message to conduct a Google Groups search of past
posts that will deal with it.

You can search this newsgroup or alt.windows95.

See here on how to do it if you don't know;
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Software.htm#google

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/