Windows 95 upgrade

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 1, 2004 7:37:00 PM

Can anyone tell me what should I do to upgrade from
Windows 95 to Windows 2000?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

More about : windows upgrade

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 8:41:28 PM

Before doing anything make sure your computer supports win2000. Furthermore
make sure the software your using is ok for win2000.

Hardware includes processor, memory , device drivers etc.
Win2000 may not run some of the games well.

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what should I do to upgrade from
> Windows 95 to Windows 2000?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
September 2, 2004 1:28:33 AM

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what should I do to upgrade from
> Windows 95 to Windows 2000?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

if your machine is old enough to have win95 on it...
it's not likely to run win2k

if you have at least a 300-400mhz machine with 128 (preferably 256) megs of
ram
you may want to consider backing up your data and doing a clean install
of win2k
September 2, 2004 8:22:43 AM

There is no Windows 2000 upgrade package that upgrades
from Windows 9.x systems, you have to purchase the full
product and install it from scratch on a clean drive.

Visit this page:

Check Hardware and Software Compatibility:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/up...
ing/compat/default.asp

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/