INSANITY, FOR SOME REASON THEY SHIPED ME A 7900GTX?!?!?!??!?

juanes287

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
i just orderd a 7800gtx off of some british website a few days ago, when i opend the box i was supprised for some reason i recieved a 7900 gtx 512mb. i havent put this card in my computer yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling it. the card is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
pics plz? reference number...sorry to be sceptical but the 7900 cards arnt even in production yet, sure you just havnt misread the situation.

p.s

i call BS till i see pics.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I call BS since it's not even logical that they'll call it the 7900. The next card will probably be called the 8800.

true...didnt think of that, but since this is the new generation using basically the same technology(i think) will they not follow on the same way they did with the FX( :twisted: ) series?

personally i hope they dont call it the 8800 cause by next year we'll all be going around with a 18000 GTX 1GB(wishfull thinking), mabye they should call it the 8200 or 8000.

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i just orderd a 7800gtx off of some british website a few days ago, when i opend the box i was supprised for some reason i recieved a 7900 gtx 512mb. i havent put this card in my computer yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling it. the card is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation
I'll start the bidding at $50 (USD). Please sell it too me, I need to do go along with the tri-core CPU they accidentally sent me from Dell's new Malaysia plant. I'm thinking about getting a second tri-core and running it in SLI for hex processing. The only problem I've had with the tri-core so far has been with the muffler bearings but I think that is a driver issue.

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
As much as I think this guy is an idiot, the next Nvidia line would most logically be the 7900. Look at it like this, the 1800 series was a complete
generation gap from the X8xx.

Technically when you looked at it, the X stand for 10. So the X8xx, series means Radeon 10,800. When the previous gen was 9800. Now, I'm just ranting.

Since these newer cards are simply a refresh, the 1800-->1900.
The logical answer for Nvidia would the the 7800-->7900, then make there next card a whole new distinguished series line.

Ok...still tired...I guess those 3 cans of Redbull didnt help, I'm in queue for Arathi Basin, gotta go.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'll start the bidding at $50 (USD). Please sell it too me, I need to do go along with the tri-core CPU they accidentally sent me from Dell's new Malaysia plant. I'm thinking about getting a second tri-core and running it in SLI for hex processing. The only problem I've had with the tri-core so far has been with the muffler bearings but I think that is a driver issue.

LOL! Hey, did you replace the flux capacitor?

ifearnothing

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Well if you will all stop trolling about it no way being called a 7900, a simple google search will indeed reveal that it will be called the 7900, and will be released at Cbit supposedly (early March). It looks like initially they'll be the GT and GTX versions, 512MB is correct.

Though nobody has done any reviews, test versions of the card must be out, and they must be in production given the less than 6 weeks to release.

I am myself skeptical, and again would call BS without a pic - if it was a month later then I'd probably believe you.

As a side point - do you guys thinkg its worth holidng off for the 7900GT, or go for the 7800GT now - I'm getting a new PC, and was going to get it now, but seeing this release I may wait to see benchmarks of the new card - though the X1900XT and XTX from ATI didnt exactly impress me.

mpjesse

Splendid
Given that you have not responded to anyone's accusations or questions, I'd say you're lieing.

To everyone else: keep in mind this has happened before. Remember the 7800GS?

-mpjesse

oompa

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2005
If anyone got a 7900, im sure you would install and do some benchmarks and show pictures. I mean come on getting that card i would think he would rub it in our faces. Its a load of crap.

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
if I ever got ahold of a card with a typo on it like that, I'd sell it for big bucks.. I mean, heck, that typos gotta be worth a pile, if not the card :lol:

then again, liars are so dumb they'd do anything to get some attention :roll:

tylerthedruid

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005

i just orderd a hooker off of some mexican website a few days ago, when i opend the door i was supprised for some reason i recieved juanes287's mom . i havent put this you-know-what in her you-know-what yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling her. my you-know-what is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation[/quote]

Nytro

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
As much as I think this guy is an idiot, the next Nvidia line would most logically be the 7900. Look at it like this, the 1800 series was a complete
generation gap from the X8xx.

Technically when you looked at it, the X stand for 10. So the X8xx, series means Radeon 10,800. When the previous gen was 9800. Now, I'm just ranting.

Since these newer cards are simply a refresh, the 1800-->1900.
The logical answer for Nvidia would the the 7800-->7900, then make there next card a whole new distinguished series line.

Ok...still tired...I guess those 3 cans of Redbull didnt help, I'm in queue for Arathi Basin, gotta go.

If Nvidia will decide to make an overclocked 7800 gtx then that card can be named 7900. If they'll make a new one, starting from 0, it could be named 8800( see the diff between 5900, 6800 and 7800). That's 4 sure that the engineers from Nvidia are working at a new card, but who knows if that new card will arrive just 2 beat the x1900xtx, or will have a completly new technology (xcuse 4 my english :D)

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004

i just orderd a hooker off of some mexican website a few days ago, when i opend the door i was supprised for some reason i recieved juanes287's mom . i havent put this you-know-what in her you-know-what yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling her. my you-know-what is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation[/quote][/quote]

rofl

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

i just orderd a hooker off of some mexican website a few days ago, when i opend the door i was supprised for some reason i recieved juanes287's mom . i havent put this you-know-what in her you-know-what yet because i think that i could make a lot of cash selling her. my you-know-what is massive i think it ways about 15lbs, it is also very long other than that it looks like the previouse generation[/quote]

rofl[/quote] nice one vile!

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006

That is the best thing i've heard since i joined this forum, omg that was hilarious

also, i thought this was bullshitter's thread. did he change his name to juan287 or something or am i wrong