How do you load XP & Vista sofwear to play on windows 7

Hello,i have a magix audio cleaning lab 12 deluxe that i used on my vista but it will not load into my new windows 7 touch screen acer computer.
Is there a switch i can activate so that it will be recodnised by windows 7 if not then it is another £40 for a windows 7 version
3 answers Last reply
More about load vista sofwear play windows
  1. What do you mean it will not load? Can you install the program.

If you can install the program. Try running it in compatibility mode. Right click on the shortcut, then select properties, then the compatibility tab.

good luck
  2. snoopythack1 said:
    Hello,i have a magix audio cleaning lab 12 deluxe that i used on my vista but it will not load into my new windows 7 touch screen acer computer.
    Is there a switch i can activate so that it will be recodnised by windows 7 if not then it is another £40 for a windows 7 version

OK then, the word Load is a bit outdated but there again so am i.
    I mean install, no: the program won.t install because it is for XP,& Vista. I was able to install my old XP softwear onto the
    vista when i got the computer by going into F8 or one of the F keys to instuct the computer to recodnise the old softwear
    but as time as gone by i have forgotten what to do. I just need to know if it is possible and how to do it.
    Regards.
  3. This is what I've don for some programs.
    Try right clicking the Install executable, then select install in compatability mode. Select the option that best fits the program, IE XP SP1 .. SP2..Sp3.

One problem with Windows 7 64 bit. I do not think that you can install any 32 bit programs that have 16 Bit code (Some old programs primarily written for Pre XP operating systems). This is not a problem for 32 bit win 7, as I've installed programs written for Win 95 and win 97.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP