computer won't shuts down

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

my computer shuts down on it's own every time i log onto
it, but only after it try's to connect to the internet or
when it's checking the dial up connections

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

First try to find out which program is trying to access
the web at logon. If you have a firewall such as
ZoneAlarm, it should tell you which program it is.

When you've identified it, try disabling it.

If that doesn't work, I would try downloading and
installing the latest version of Dial-Up networking that
runs on 95. I think that it's version 1.3, but that might
be wrong.

Install it, and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling and
reinstalling your ISP.

If that doesn't work, try downloading the installation
file for Internet Explorer 5.5 SP1 from
http://support.microsoft.com/, which is the latest version
of IE that 95 can use.

In Windows 95 you can remove IE and try using another
browser such as Mozilla from http://www.mozilla.org. You
can run as many browsers as you have system resources, so
you can run both at the same time.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/