Manual upgrade w95 original release to 0SR 2.5

I have an old NEC laptop with Windows 95 Base release. I
also have a desktop clone with Window 95 OSR 2.5. I would
like to upgrade the laptop to OSR 2.5 to try to use a
wireless NIC card.

Can I extract the needed files from the W95 OSR2.5 machine
to the W95 Base machine? Which files are they or is there
a web site with a list or instructions? I do not have the
original disks. They got "lost in the fire" (divorce).

Micrsoft had a page to download SP1 but that only gets me
to OSR 1. The NIC cards appear to need OSR 2+ for their
drivers.

Any emailed advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Eric

No email can be sent to you at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com

No, you cannot extract the needed files. You will have to find a copy
of OSR2.x at eBay or similar.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "EricJ"