downloaded outl exp 5.5 but cant start it

previously i couldnt open attachments or send mail. i
removed my outlook express and downloaded version 5.5 from
the ms website. outlook express now will not open at
all. i get 3 error windows that popup.
1. the identity login could not be started. some
components are either missing or incorrectly configured.
2. outlook express could not be started. it may not be
installed correctly. make sure disk not full or out of
memory. (it's not full) contact ms support for
assistance (0x80040154,183).
3. oe could not be started because MSOE.DLL ciykd bit be
initialized. oe may not be installed correctly.

ive repeated installation 3 times with the same results.
any advice for someone not all that computer savvy?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Inside Outlook Express at http://www.tomsterdam.com/ might
have the answers.

If I were you, I'd remove OE and use Mozilla Thunderbird
instead, and use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE.

You can get both free here: http://www.mozilla.org/

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/