Win95 Safe Mode

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 9, 2004 4:27:56 PM

I have a Windows 95 machine that somehow has got into the
Safe Mode of operating. When I do a restart and push the
F8 button when it says that Windows is Starting, the menu
offering me the operating choices comes up. Even though I
choose the Normal Mode, it still comes up in Safe Mode.
Any thoughts?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

More about : win95 safe mode

September 10, 2004 1:02:27 PM

"Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 95 machine that somehow has got into the
> Safe Mode of operating. When I do a restart and push the
> F8 button when it says that Windows is Starting, the menu
> offering me the operating choices comes up. Even though I
> choose the Normal Mode, it still comes up in Safe Mode.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

check your msdos.sys file for the line bootsafe=1 , change to bootsafe=0
!