Win95 Safe Mode

I have a Windows 95 machine that somehow has got into the
Safe Mode of operating. When I do a restart and push the
F8 button when it says that Windows is Starting, the menu
offering me the operating choices comes up. Even though I
choose the Normal Mode, it still comes up in Safe Mode.
Any thoughts?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about win95 safe mode

    "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Windows 95 machine that somehow has got into the
    > Safe Mode of operating. When I do a restart and push the
    > F8 button when it says that Windows is Starting, the menu
    > offering me the operating choices comes up. Even though I
    > choose the Normal Mode, it still comes up in Safe Mode.
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

    check your msdos.sys file for the line bootsafe=1 , change to bootsafe=0

Safe Mode Windows 95 Microsoft Windows