After changing psu crt screen started flickering?

survivor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004
ı had a cheap 400 watt generic psu and ı changed with an asprie 500 watt. it solved my power problems but screen started to flicker a little bit and it annoys really much! My case is near the monitor but it was always there the only things have changed are the psu and case . Do you have any ideas about it? ı pushed the deagussing button several times but it did not help..

Aryajan79

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Is your CRT one of those kinds that plugs to the back of the case?or one that goes directly to a wall socket?
The PSU doesn't feed the CRT,even its wire goes to the back of your case:there is a bypass for CRT,nothing else.

Arya from Tehran

CRAFTSMAN_69

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Do you have the monitor pugged into the same power strip as the power supply? If so plug your monitor into another wall socket in the room or on a different curcuit than the PSU. Aspire power supplies are not exactly quality units, thier efficency is even worse. What I'm trying to say is they draw alot of juice even under low load and create all kinds of electrical noise. If you have ever vacuumed and had the TV on in the same room this is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say, the TV's picture goes out the door when the vacuum is running because it creates 1.a high load 2. electrical interference. Good luck!

survivor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004
ıt seems that you know about that stuff and ı hope you can give me some advice.
1- Yes both psu and monitor are plugged into the same strip (six-plug strip)
2- yes ı have a tv in my room

3 - now ı am at work and do what you say when ı got home

4 - what is your suggestions?

please help!

Aryajan79

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Put your case on the floor.If your problem is due to the leaking magnetic field of PSU this tip will solve it,as the leaking magnetic or electric fields are short ranged.

Arya from Tehran

CRAFTSMAN_69

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
If putting your monitor on a different curcuit stops the problem just go get another surge protector and run your monitor of it seperately from the PSU. If plugging it in elswere in the room doesn't fix it the do what Aryajan79 said in the forum and seee if that helps. But I think moving the Monitors power input to another wall outlet will allieviate your monitor issue.

survivor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004
thanks for everybody tried to help me ı will think about what you say ı can't do them now because

1- ı have a very really small computer desk that ı can not put it on the floor

2 - the other wall socket is far from the monitor

3- ı am such a very lazy person that ı will try to get used to flickering at first

4 ıf ı can't get used to it, I will do what you tell me

thanks again ...

survivor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004
ı couldn't stand it and ı tried plugging into the other socket wall by using a long cable but it was all the same .

ı can't put the case on the floor because my room is not suitable anything else to do???

:(

survivor

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004
yes it is 85hz at 1024*768 when ı set it 75 itgets brigther and seems less flickering may be it is all because of this damn 100 $ cost oem monitor thanks anyway

TRENDING THREADS