disable system restore

For reasons unknown, my system restore seems to be
automatically disabling.

I go into System Properties - Performance - File System -
Troubleshooting, and I UNcheck the Disable System Restore
box - Apply - and Restart. But when I then return to
Troubleshooting, the box is checked again...

Any clue what this means and what I should do? (I have an
HP Pavilion 7940 with Windows Me.)

Thanks,
Moe
1 answer Last reply
More about disable system restore

    I suggest you try a Windows Me group as Win95 does not have System
    Restore and there are experts in Win Me at the right newsgroup.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "moe"

    >For reasons unknown, my system restore seems to be
    >automatically disabling.
    >
    >I go into System Properties - Performance - File System -
    >Troubleshooting, and I UNcheck the Disable System Restore
    >box - Apply - and Restart. But when I then return to
    >Troubleshooting, the box is checked again...
    >
    >Any clue what this means and what I should do? (I have an
    >HP Pavilion 7940 with Windows Me.)
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Moe

Microsoft System Restore Windows