Don't use any power supplys that came with your case!

G

You should already know this, but I just want to make sure that everyone knows that: a cheap power supply that comes with a case IS GOING TO BLOW UP, well not really blow up but short circit. The power supply is just going to run for 2-5 months then you might wanna get a new one. :wink:

Comas

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
What about some quality power supplies like Antec's power supplies?
I agree that some cheap psu manufactories are mostl likely going to blow up sooner or later but there are also quality power supplies with case.

G

Well Yea, its sort of obvious that a non brand name power supply that came with the case is a piece of crap! Of course, If you get a case with a good power supply then it is a good power supply. I Know some people who got a 500 watt power supply with their case and they thought that they got a great deal![in reality] they got a ticking time bomb!

myatitus

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I bought my system 3 years ago with a power supply in the case that still runs fine, another system at 7 months with no issues, you can get some good power supplies with them you just have to be carefull

Verbosity

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Like Myatitus, all the power supplies I have received with the cases I purchased performed well. The only one that burned out on me did so after 5 years.

However, our anecdotal evidence is not valid evidence when writing an argument (I may have merely "lucked out"). Since you (Hungryduck) sound like you are asserting a fact instead of anecdotal evidence, can you refer me to the source you used to draw your conclusion?

Since I am planning to upgrade my system soon, this information would be vital. I do not want to purchase a power supplies with design flaws.

G

I bought a case about a year ago , I used the power supply that came with that case and it literly blew up! It blowing up may have also killed my graphics card. The same thing happend with a lot of other people. I recomend a high quality Rosewill power supply if you need a good power supply. 8)