Sign in with
Your question

BSOD's.

Last response: in Windows 7
November 4, 2009 10:39:02 PM

Hey, I have a custom build pc, and I get random BSOD's while surfing the web or playing games. I am running Windows 7 RC... Will buying the Windows 7 release fix my problems or do you guys think its more of a hardware problem?

MSI 790GX board
Radeon 4890
4g Kingston ddr3
Amd 3.0Ghz Phenem Quad Core

Thanks.

Dan

More about : bsod

a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 4, 2009 10:42:39 PM

Provide us an error code and we can actually help you identify the problem. The RTM version of 7 probably won't do anything for these bluescreens, as most are usually caused by either hardware faults, or buggy drivers. I do fully encourage you to get the RTM version of 7 anyway though, as there is no reason to continue using the RC anymore.
m
l
November 4, 2009 10:50:46 PM

Well the last time it was "IRQ not less than or equal"... There are other ones, I just can't remember them right now. It usually happens when I'm trying to multitask such as load a video while playing a full screen game. It sometimes just BSOD's randomly, when I'm away from the computer and its just sitting at the desktop doing nothing. Thank you for your quick response.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 4, 2009 10:52:26 PM

That will either be a driver problem, or you have a ram stick(s) failing. Download and burn a copy of MemTest86+ and run a RAM test.
m
l
November 5, 2009 3:13:00 AM

Well I ran the MemTest86+ and it says my ram is 100% Okay. Could it be my motherboard? Ughh every time I see that BSOD I want toss this comp out of a moving car
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 5, 2009 3:16:20 AM

Update all of your drivers... Video, sound, network, chipset... everything. Does the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen specify a file name further down the error page? If there is one there, it would really help in pinpointing the problem.
m
l
!