Startup problem

I have installed XP Home (Dutch).
When I start up the computer it starts up. It starts windows XP I see the
sceen etc. Then it drops down I see on the monitor "sleep mode" and after a
few seconds the system starts up again and I can begin working.

Pls help

JB

That is normal; nothing to worry about. The screen goes blank for a few
moments before everything fully loads, and your monitor's power management
is just kicking in during that time.

"poeppie42" <npj.bindelssp@mchello.nl> wrote in message
>I have installed XP Home (Dutch).
> When I start up the computer it starts up. It starts windows XP I see the
> sceen etc. Then it drops down I see on the monitor "sleep mode" and after
> a few seconds the system starts up again and I can begin working.
>

> Pls help
>

> JB

Thanks

JB

"Thane of Lochaber" <NONE> wrote in message
> That is normal; nothing to worry about. The screen goes blank for a few
> moments before everything fully loads, and your monitor's power management
> is just kicking in during that time.
>
> "poeppie42" <npj.bindelssp@mchello.nl> wrote in message
>>I have installed XP Home (Dutch).
>> When I start up the computer it starts up. It starts windows XP I see the
>> sceen etc. Then it drops down I see on the monitor "sleep mode" and after
>> a few seconds the system starts up again and I can begin working.
>>

>> Pls help
>>

>> JB

Hi.

I have a problem. I installed WinXP over W98, but I can customized, WinXp
replies me "I have changed your screen resolution..." or something like that,
I define all about this, I turn off the computer (normally), but when I start
Up newly (?), I see the screen of WinXP and then the screen go down (with
blinking lights) and I can put the password (by heart, I can't see anything),
but the WIN XP is working...but I see nothing...
Tito

Somebody can help me.. (sorry for my english...)

best regards....

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:01:04 -0700, Tito wrote:

> I have a problem. I installed WinXP over W98, but I can customized, WinXp
> replies me "I have changed your screen resolution..." or something like that,
> I define all about this, I turn off the computer (normally), but when I start
> Up newly (?), I see the screen of WinXP and then the screen go down (with
> blinking lights) and I can put the password (by heart, I can't see anything),
> but the WIN XP is working...but I see nothing...

Boot to Safe Mode. Use F8 during boot to get to the advanced start menu and
select Safe Mode from the list. Change your screen resolution here to
something that is usable for your display adapter *and* your monitor. Most
important: click OK. Then restart normally.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User