slow windows performance

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
September 22, 2004 1:50:44 AM

My "windows explorer", "my computer", and "control panel"
all run very slow. Any other program, including memory
hogs like autocad and photoshop, run normally. Any ideas?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 2:01:21 PM

1. Have you scanned for viruses using an up-to-date antivirus program?

2. Have you run Ad-Aware (or similar) with up-to-date info in it?

3. Have you defragmented the harddisk?

4. Have you cleaned out the Registry (sing a program such as
EasyCleaner)?

Bill Starbuck (MVP)
!