slow windows performance

My "windows explorer", "my computer", and "control panel"
all run very slow. Any other program, including memory
hogs like autocad and photoshop, run normally. Any ideas?

1. Have you scanned for viruses using an up-to-date antivirus program?

2. Have you run Ad-Aware (or similar) with up-to-date info in it?

3. Have you defragmented the harddisk?

4. Have you cleaned out the Registry (sing a program such as
EasyCleaner)?

Bill Starbuck (MVP)