Making windows open maximised and Control Panel in Icon Vi..

August 23, 2004 10:09:15 PM

I am sure that there is a way to make windows open maximised and the
Conrol Panel open in Icon View but I'm blowed if I can find anything
about it, can anyone help?

DD
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 10:09:16 PM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:09:15 +1000, DD <tobytoby50@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure that there is a way to make windows open maximised and the
>Conrol Panel open in Icon View but I'm blowed if I can find anything
>about it, can anyone help?
>
>DD

To always open programs maximized:
a) Right-click on the icon of the program you want to be opened
maximized.
b) Chose "Properties".
c) Click on the "Shortcut" tab.
d) Next to "Run", choose "Maximized" from the pull-down list.

To open Control Panel in Classic View:
a) Open Control Panel.
b) Click on "Classic View" ( in the top left corner of the Task Panel)
under "Control Panel".

Donald L McDaniel
Keep the thread intact
Post reply to original newsgroup
August 24, 2004 12:29:22 PM

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

DD

Donald McDaniel wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:09:15 +1000, DD <tobytoby50@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am sure that there is a way to make windows open maximised and the
>>Conrol Panel open in Icon View but I'm blowed if I can find anything
>>about it, can anyone help?
>>
>>DD
>

> To always open programs maximized:
> a) Right-click on the icon of the program you want to be opened
> maximized.
> b) Chose "Properties".
> c) Click on the "Shortcut" tab.
> d) Next to "Run", choose "Maximized" from the pull-down list.
>
> To open Control Panel in Classic View:
> a) Open Control Panel.
> b) Click on "Classic View" ( in the top left corner of the Task Panel)
> under "Control Panel".
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Keep the thread intact
> Post reply to original newsgroup