Winsocket 2 update problems

I have my compaq laptop running on Win95. While trying to
set up antivirus software Anti-vir (www.free-av.com), it
asked for Winsocket 2 update. I promptly downloaded and
installed the same. After that the problem started. I
connect to the internet - dial up but no data transfer
happes. I think it has to do with the TCP/IP. Can any body
help to sort this problem..thanks.

Philo

"imoorthy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my compaq laptop running on Win95. While trying to
> set up antivirus software Anti-vir (www.free-av.com), it
> asked for Winsocket 2 update. I promptly downloaded and
> installed the same. After that the problem started. I
> connect to the internet - dial up but no data transfer
> happes. I think it has to do with the TCP/IP. Can any body
> help to sort this problem..thanks.

here is where to get it
(watch the word wrap)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUAdminTools/S_WUNetworkingTools/W95Sockets2/Default.asp

Maybe DUN 1.4 for Windows 95 will help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q285189

"imoorthy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my compaq laptop running on Win95. While trying to
> set up antivirus software Anti-vir (www.free-av.com), it
> asked for Winsocket 2 update. I promptly downloaded and
> installed the same. After that the problem started. I
> connect to the internet - dial up but no data transfer
> happes. I think it has to do with the TCP/IP. Can any body
> help to sort this problem..thanks.

Thanks guys for your response. I shall try the uninstall
option first and inform of the progress

us;Q285189

>"imoorthy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have my compaq laptop running on Win95. While trying to
>> set up antivirus software Anti-vir (www.free-av.com), it
>> asked for Winsocket 2 update. I promptly downloaded and
>> installed the same. After that the problem started. I
>> connect to the internet - dial up but no data transfer
>> happes. I think it has to do with the TCP/IP. Can any
body
>> help to sort this problem..thanks.
>

>.

Hi!

Yes it seems to be a tcp/ip problem. Go to control
panel,networking. Remove tcp/ip protocol. Please write
down ip setting before removal. Reboot system. Go back to
netwoking and add tcp/ip protocol. This should fix your
problem.

Christo

TRENDING THREADS