Intel p4 Upgrade

Hi!

I have Windows 95b running on my old pc. I bought a new P4
2.4 Ghz. I transferred all my data to my new drive. I want
to continue using windows 95b for the simple reason that
80% of my programs are dos based. Do I need any patches
for faster processor?

Please reply

Christo

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Apparently you have to install the AMD update for fast
processors - even with a P4 being used.

See this page:
http://www.geocities.com/politalk/win95/install.htm

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

Errors May Occur When Installing Windows 95 on PCs with Pentium III or
Pentium 4 Processor:
http://www.compaq.com/support/techpubs/customer_advisories/DB010327_CW01_2.html

Difficulties Using AMD K6-2 or Athlon Central Processing Unit
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=192841
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm