Cannot Load Windows 95

My Dimension P90 PC has stopped loading Windows 95. Just before the windows
screen opens, the system reports an issue/violation with loading WinGuard
(old version, lost the disks). I wonder anyone knows how I can disable this
from the DOS prompt. It must be somewhere in the windows start-up files as I
cannot find it in autoexec or config.sys
--
Steve Needham

HAGGIS

"Steve Needham" <SteveNeedham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Dimension P90 PC has stopped loading Windows 95. Just before the
> windows
> screen opens, the system reports an issue/violation with loading WinGuard
> (old version, lost the disks). I wonder anyone knows how I can disable
> this
> from the DOS prompt. It must be somewhere in the windows start-up files as
> cannot find it in autoexec or config.sys
> --
> Steve Needham

boot into safe mode and remove the program (tapping F8 at startup)

Boot to safe mode and uninstall it.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)