ignore early post + question

I apologize, I didn't read enough of the messages to get
an answer.
Question: in an earlier post the sender mentioned that
Win95 is no longer supported and the product or license #
didn't matter. Is that true for Win98 also? If thats the
case I could then re-format the laptop drive and install
my copy of Win98. Is that a correct statement.

Any help is much appreciated

cats3forme
1 answer Last reply
More about ignore early post question

    It's not correct for either W95 or W98. If you are installing either product
    to a clean hard drive you must be able to supply a product key.

    If you don't have a product key you may be able to get one from MS support,
    or if the OS was originally supplied bundled with the hardware then the
    hardware supplier may be able to provide it. Otherwise, you can purchase a
    copy on e-Bay.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "cats3forme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I apologize, I didn't read enough of the messages to get
    > an answer.
    > Question: in an earlier post the sender mentioned that
    > Win95 is no longer supported and the product or license #
    > didn't matter. Is that true for Win98 also? If thats the
    > case I could then re-format the laptop drive and install
    > my copy of Win98. Is that a correct statement.
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated
    >
    > cats3forme

Microsoft Windows