ignore early post + question

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
September 30, 2004 2:45:54 PM

I apologize, I didn't read enough of the messages to get
an answer.
Question: in an earlier post the sender mentioned that
Win95 is no longer supported and the product or license #
didn't matter. Is that true for Win98 also? If thats the
case I could then re-format the laptop drive and install
my copy of Win98. Is that a correct statement.

Any help is much appreciated

cats3forme
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 11:13:50 AM

It's not correct for either W95 or W98. If you are installing either product
to a clean hard drive you must be able to supply a product key.

If you don't have a product key you may be able to get one from MS support,
or if the OS was originally supplied bundled with the hardware then the
hardware supplier may be able to provide it. Otherwise, you can purchase a
copy on e-Bay.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)