Help, required .DLL not found

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Recently my win95 got a virus. in an attempt to fix it, i
uploaded some recommended updates from the support site.
now, whenever i turn on the computer or go online i get an
error message reading ERROR STARTING PROGRAM(program title
line)

A Required .DLL file, WS2_32.DLL, was not found

I also get an error involving Msbb. how can i fix it.

thanks

chris c

WS2_32.DLL
It comes with Win98 and Win ME but not Win95, but you can get a copy
here: http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html or here:
http://www.softhq.com/support_u.shtml

It also comes with the Winsock2 update
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/default.asp

ws2_32.dll is the Winsock2 Update for Win95.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUAdminTools/S_WUNetworkingTools/W95Sockets2/Default.asp
Read all the info on the web page, and all the links. Also linked on
that page is the Year 2000 Update for Winsock2 which must be installed
afterwards.

MSBB
It is spyware, probably installed with Songspy or similar.

You can use this to find any other spyware you have:
(if you can use Ad-Aware on Win95)
Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Be aware that if you remove some of the files and entries then the
"free" program that came with the spyware probably will not work.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html