Help, required .DLL not found

Recently my win95 got a virus. in an attempt to fix it, i
uploaded some recommended updates from the support site.
now, whenever i turn on the computer or go online i get an
error message reading ERROR STARTING PROGRAM(program title
line)

A Required .DLL file, WS2_32.DLL, was not found

I also get an error involving Msbb. how can i fix it.

thanks

chris c
1 answer Last reply
More about help required found

    WS2_32.DLL
    It comes with Win98 and Win ME but not Win95, but you can get a copy
    here: http://www.drd.dyndns.org/index2.html or here:
    http://www.softhq.com/support_u.shtml

    It also comes with the Winsock2 update
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/default.asp

    ws2_32.dll is the Winsock2 Update for Win95.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUAdminTools/S_WUNetworkingTools/W95Sockets2/Default.asp
    Read all the info on the web page, and all the links. Also linked on
    that page is the Year 2000 Update for Winsock2 which must be installed
    afterwards.

    MSBB
    It is spyware, probably installed with Songspy or similar.

    You can use this to find any other spyware you have:
    (if you can use Ad-Aware on Win95)
    Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Be aware that if you remove some of the files and entries then the
    "free" program that came with the spyware probably will not work.

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "chris"
    <chrischasin@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Recently my win95 got a virus. in an attempt to fix it, i
    >uploaded some recommended updates from the support site.
    >now, whenever i turn on the computer or go online i get an
    >error message reading ERROR STARTING PROGRAM(program title
    >line)
    >
    >A Required .DLL file, WS2_32.DLL, was not found
    >
    >I also get an error involving Msbb. how can i fix it.
    >

    >thanks
    >
    >chris c

Microsoft Error Message DLL Windows