Msconfig

Is there a windows 95 equivalent to msconfig? I have
downloaded a zipped copy of msconfig, can I simply unzip
and run that on a 95 machine? I'm trying to clean up some
junk that is auto starting on powerup but I'm not
familiar with 95 (it's an older free computer and my
other machines are using XP and 98SE)

Yes, the msconfig will work on Windows 95, However note that it goes in the
Windows\system folder. There are several help files associated with it that
should also be carried over to the Win95 machine. Note where they go.

"Mike Lavigne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a windows 95 equivalent to msconfig? I have
> downloaded a zipped copy of msconfig, can I simply unzip
> and run that on a 95 machine? I'm trying to clean up some
> junk that is auto starting on powerup but I'm not
> familiar with 95 (it's an older free computer and my
> other machines are using XP and 98SE)

You may find this better than Msconfig, as you can delete, rather than
just disable.

Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
(Startman.exe down at the bottom)
This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "Mike Lavigne"