Help with files

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
October 7, 2004 5:14:13 PM

Hi I'm not sure what the problem is. I got my computer
from a sale and I don't have any disks. It is a 486 with
windows 95 installed on it. It had a canon printer bjc-
4300 installed. I have a bjc-4300 and bjc-4400 neither of
them work. I deleted some files that I thought I didn't
need but I was wrong and I don't have these files. Also I
just found an epson stylus color 600 printer that doesn't
have the driver disks. When I went to install the printer
it told me I need file DMCOLOR.DLL, ICONLIB.DLL,
UNIDRV.DLL,UNIDRV.HLP. If you can tell me where to get
these files and will it solve my printer problems? I tried
to download the drivers for epson but I only have a 3.5
floppy and not a cd-rom so I couldn't do it. Sure hope you
can help. Thanks I sure do need help. Jean

More about : files

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 11:06:06 AM

You won't get very far without an installation CD. Check whether the files
you need are saved on disk - you are looking for a folder with a large
number of files with extension CAB. You can buy a W95 installation CD on
EBay. It will have the files you need. You may be able to download a set of
printer driver files from the Canon www site, but as these files are
supplied with W95 it is possible that Canon has chosen not to provide them.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)