Help with files

Hi I'm not sure what the problem is. I got my computer
from a sale and I don't have any disks. It is a 486 with
windows 95 installed on it. It had a canon printer bjc-
4300 installed. I have a bjc-4300 and bjc-4400 neither of
them work. I deleted some files that I thought I didn't
need but I was wrong and I don't have these files. Also I
just found an epson stylus color 600 printer that doesn't
have the driver disks. When I went to install the printer
it told me I need file DMCOLOR.DLL, ICONLIB.DLL,
UNIDRV.DLL,UNIDRV.HLP. If you can tell me where to get
these files and will it solve my printer problems? I tried
to download the drivers for epson but I only have a 3.5
floppy and not a cd-rom so I couldn't do it. Sure hope you
can help. Thanks I sure do need help. Jean
1 answer Last reply
More about help files

    You won't get very far without an installation CD. Check whether the files
    you need are saved on disk - you are looking for a folder with a large
    number of files with extension CAB. You can buy a W95 installation CD on
    EBay. It will have the files you need. You may be able to download a set of
    printer driver files from the Canon www site, but as these files are
    supplied with W95 it is possible that Canon has chosen not to provide them.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "Jean" <DJAAFRED@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I'm not sure what the problem is. I got my computer
    > from a sale and I don't have any disks. It is a 486 with
    > windows 95 installed on it. It had a canon printer bjc-
    > 4300 installed. I have a bjc-4300 and bjc-4400 neither of
    > them work. I deleted some files that I thought I didn't
    > need but I was wrong and I don't have these files. Also I
    > just found an epson stylus color 600 printer that doesn't
    > have the driver disks. When I went to install the printer
    > it told me I need file DMCOLOR.DLL, ICONLIB.DLL,
    > UNIDRV.DLL,UNIDRV.HLP. If you can tell me where to get
    > these files and will it solve my printer problems? I tried
    > to download the drivers for epson but I only have a 3.5
    > floppy and not a cd-rom so I couldn't do it. Sure hope you
    > can help. Thanks I sure do need help. Jean

Printers Windows