Deleting files

I have 89 files with .chk as the extension. On C drive.
They average about 48k each. Some with 32k
and 64k. Seems they are from errors being
converted to files, from ScanDisk.

Can these files be deleted without effecting the
performance of Win95 ? Could use the space. ;)
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting files

    Yes.
    These files came from running scandisk and the computer found orphaned
    files. At your request it saved them, but you have less than one chance in
    a 1000 of getting any useful data out of them.

    "dan" <4dsf@NoSpaM.com> wrote in message
    >I have 89 files with .chk as the extension. On C drive.
    > They average about 48k each. Some with 32k
    > and 64k. Seems they are from errors being
    > converted to files, from ScanDisk.
    >
    > Can these files be deleted without effecting the
    > performance of Win95 ? Could use the space. ;)

    TY !....

Microsoft Windows