Problems with AOL

Hello,

The problems I am having is this... When I try to connect to AOL, it
gets as far as "Step 5, Talking to Network" and then it hangs for
awhile. It always takes 3 times to finally connect. I even tried
deleting the phone numbers and the modem and have it re-search for
them. When I finally get on I cannot access ANY web sites at all, not
even AOL.COM. I only can access my email.

I have already emailed AOL and their suggestions are Replace AOL
Adapter, Purge Artwork and Delete Toolbar.lst but still did not help.
I also tried deleting all of AOL and reinstalling again last night.

Any other suggestions? I am running Window 95, Internet Explorer 5.5,
and AOL 7.0

Thanks for your help.
2 answers Last reply
More about problems

    Do you have to use AOL7 because you're using Windows 95/

    Or can you use AOL8 or AOL9?

    If not, I would upgrade to Windows 98 SE and install AOL9.

    Eric,
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
    http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

    "Laura" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > The problems I am having is this... When I try to connect to AOL, it
    > gets as far as "Step 5, Talking to Network" and then it hangs for
    > awhile. It always takes 3 times to finally connect. I even tried
    > deleting the phone numbers and the modem and have it re-search for
    > them. When I finally get on I cannot access ANY web sites at all, not
    > even AOL.COM. I only can access my email.
    >
    > I have already emailed AOL and their suggestions are Replace AOL
    > Adapter, Purge Artwork and Delete Toolbar.lst but still did not help.
    > I also tried deleting all of AOL and reinstalling again last night.
    >
    > Any other suggestions? I am running Window 95, Internet Explorer 5.5,
    > and AOL 7.0
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Eric,

    You are correct, I have to use AOL7 because I am using Windows 95. I
    thought about upgrading but I wasn't sure if I would have enough disk
    space, memory, etc. It is used as a second computer and it is an
    older one, it has something like 233 Mhz, 168 mb ram, 3 or 4 gig of
    space. I wasn't sure if it would be worth upgrading or if it would
    solve the problem. What do you think?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<52C25FDC-64FC-41BC-A105-8638D77F167C@microsoft.com>...
    > Do you have to use AOL7 because you're using Windows 95/
    >
    > Or can you use AOL8 or AOL9?
    >
    > If not, I would upgrade to Windows 98 SE and install AOL9.
    >
    > Eric,
    > http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
    > http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/
    >

    > "Laura" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > The problems I am having is this... When I try to connect to AOL, it
    > > gets as far as "Step 5, Talking to Network" and then it hangs for
    > > awhile. It always takes 3 times to finally connect. I even tried
    > > deleting the phone numbers and the modem and have it re-search for
    > > them. When I finally get on I cannot access ANY web sites at all, not
    > > even AOL.COM. I only can access my email.
    > >
    > > I have already emailed AOL and their suggestions are Replace AOL
    > > Adapter, Purge Artwork and Delete Toolbar.lst but still did not help.
    > > I also tried deleting all of AOL and reinstalling again last night.
    > >
    > > Any other suggestions? I am running Window 95, Internet Explorer 5.5,
    > > and AOL 7.0
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.

Connection AOL Windows