CDROM Stopped Working! Please help.

Help! All of a sudden my cd-rom does not work! I don't know much about
computers so any suggestions as to what could be wrong & what to do would be
very appreciated.
The computer was Designed for Win 95. The front says AGI by Everex (52x
max--on the front of the drive).

What happens exactly, when you insert a CD and try to use it? Have you tried both
audio (music) CDs and data (program) CDs? Are you getting any sort of error message
when you try to use a CD? Please provide exact info a error messages.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Mrs_Rhett_Butler" <Mrs_Rhett_Butler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! All of a sudden my cd-rom does not work! I don't know much about
> computers so any suggestions as to what could be wrong & what to do would be
> very appreciated.
> The computer was Designed for Win 95. The front says AGI by Everex (52x
> max--on the front of the drive).

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try right-clicking on My Computer, then click Properties and open the Device
Manager. Click on the + beside CDROM, highlight the make and model of drive,
and hit the Remove button. Then reboot, and Windows will reinstall the driver
software.

It should then work properly again.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

"Mrs_Rhett_Butler" wrote:

> Help! All of a sudden my cd-rom does not work! I don't know much about
> computers so any suggestions as to what could be wrong & what to do would be
> very appreciated.
> The computer was Designed for Win 95. The front says AGI by Everex (52x
> max--on the front of the drive).

TRENDING THREADS