Still Stumped

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Still cannot load w95 OS. Followed ideas up as best i could to no avail. Just
tried loading the cdrom drivers from bootdisk.com. The install here can NOT
find MSCDEX in C:drive. The OS is not installed which I need to install. Did
the format/partition stuff several times already. Had to try the cdrom driver
install because when installing w95 from oem w95 cd I am told that invalid
drive letter. I tried every letter in the alphabet for the drive. Nothing
worked, that is why I followed advice of tech here to install cdrom drivers.
When I do that the above can Not find MSCDEX in C:drive. So now what? It
seems like I am in a loop and no one here really knows what one should do
next. I hope I am wrong but real help is much appreciated.....Thank
you....Bryan

HAGGIS

"bryan" <bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Still cannot load w95 OS. Followed ideas up as best i could to no avail.
> Just
> tried loading the cdrom drivers from bootdisk.com. The install here can
> NOT
> find MSCDEX in C:drive. The OS is not installed which I need to install.
> Did
> the format/partition stuff several times already. Had to try the cdrom
> driver
> install because when installing w95 from oem w95 cd I am told that
> invalid
> drive letter. I tried every letter in the alphabet for the drive. Nothing
> worked, that is why I followed advice of tech here to install cdrom
> drivers.
> When I do that the above can Not find MSCDEX in C:drive. So now what? It
> seems like I am in a loop and no one here really knows what one should do
> next. I hope I am wrong but real help is much appreciated.....Thank
> you....Bryan

check the autoexec.bat and config.sys on the boot disk ...either copy the
MSCDEX from the boot disk to C: or edit the files to point to it on the boot
disk

Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download a Windows
95 boot disk file to the desktop of the computer you are using now. Double-
click the file, insert a floppy when prompted and create a boot floppy. Use
it to start the problem computer, insert your Windows 95 CD, then type
"R:\Win95\setup" and press "Enter".

Ben

"bryan" <bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3EBB9F9-FC69-4D23-93F1-DC76F51743C1@microsoft.com...
> Still cannot load w95 OS. Followed ideas up as best i could to no avail. Just
> tried loading the cdrom drivers from bootdisk.com. The install here can NOT
> find MSCDEX in C:drive. The OS is not installed which I need to install. Did
> the format/partition stuff several times already. Had to try the cdrom driver
> install because when installing w95 from oem w95 cd I am told that invalid
> drive letter. I tried every letter in the alphabet for the drive. Nothing
> worked, that is why I followed advice of tech here to install cdrom drivers.
> When I do that the above can Not find MSCDEX in C:drive. So now what? It
> seems like I am in a loop and no one here really knows what one should do
> next. I hope I am wrong but real help is much appreciated.....Thank
> you....Bryan

I am having trouble scanning my c:/ and defraging the computer..

it has done it before but is now in the middle of wizard maintanace telling
me i hav other programs running when I do not. why will my scan disk not
compleat its task?

please help someone:(

HAGGIS

"Faith" <Faith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am having trouble scanning my c:/ and defraging the computer..
>
> it has done it before but is now in the middle of wizard maintanace
> telling
> me i hav other programs running when I do not. why will my scan disk not
> compleat its task?
>
> please help someone:(

try rebooting into "safe mode" (tapping F8 during startup)

run scandisk and defrag from there