Too many start up programs.

keith

Win 95 on an old HP. Long list shown when Alt-Ctrl-Del. Similar
procedure in Win 95 as in Win 98 for deleting unwanted programs from
start-up sequence?

Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
(Startman.exe down at the bottom)
This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "keith"
<uncle@tanoose.nut> wrote:

> Win 95 on an old HP. Long list shown when Alt-Ctrl-Del. Similar
>procedure in Win 95 as in Win 98 for deleting unwanted programs from
>start-up sequence?

keith

Thanks, Alan. That looks a good way to go. Hope I can put it on a cd and
take to a friends never-on-line pc. She usually just plays card games but it
takes forever to get there. After start-up clean up I might even set the pc
to just boot to a disc with games and leave the disc in.
"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
> http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
> (Startman.exe down at the bottom)
> This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "keith"
> <uncle@tanoose.nut> wrote:
>
> > Win 95 on an old HP. Long list shown when Alt-Ctrl-Del. Similar
> >procedure in Win 95 as in Win 98 for deleting unwanted programs from
> >start-up sequence?

You can put it on a floppy. The installation file is only 613K,
It doesn't need any internet access.

....Alan

--

<uncle@tanoose.nut> wrote:

>Thanks, Alan. That looks a good way to go. Hope I can put it on a cd and
>take to a friends never-on-line pc. She usually just plays card games but it
>takes forever to get there. After start-up clean up I might even set the pc
>to just boot to a disc with games and leave the disc in.
>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
>> http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
>> (Startman.exe down at the bottom)
>> This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "keith"
>> <uncle@tanoose.nut> wrote:
>>
>> > Win 95 on an old HP. Long list shown when Alt-Ctrl-Del. Similar
>> >procedure in Win 95 as in Win 98 for deleting unwanted programs from
>> >start-up sequence?

TRENDING THREADS