Windows 7 Disappearing From my Hard Drive?

brpfeifer

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I have a custom machine that I just recently built a few months ago. Last week, I decided to upgrade the mobo so that I could have more ram slots and a second PCI Express slot. I swapped out the mobos, booted the computer, and everything was working just fine. The only problem is that I'm running Windows 7 OEM and I've heard that you can run into problems when swapping out hardware. My computer was working for about 24 hours after installing the new mobo but at one point the other day the computer just shut itself down. I went to boot it back up and all that popped up was BIOS. I inserted my Windows disc to try and repair my system and I came to find out that my Operating System, along with everything on the Hard Drive was GONE. I have never heard of such a thing happening. So I reinstalled 7 and basically had to start over from scratch. Another day goes by and the same thing happens. This is now the second time I've had to reinstall Windows 7. My computer is running fine now but I am afraid that this is going to happen again so I'm reluctant to put anything on my hard drive until I know this issue is resolved. I contacted MS but they aren't much help as I only have the OEM version of Windows. Any Ideas?