A good joystick for MS Flight Simulator

Hello. I just bought MS Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004. I started the games
using the keyboard, but i have a laptop (HP) which doesn't even have a
numberpad, so it is not the best means of plane control I would ask for.

I also have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed.

What would be a good USB joystick which would work with the games and with
WINXP and is still supported?

(Have heard that many joysticks don't work with XP and are not supported).

Thanks for the info/advice!

John
6 answers Last reply
More about good joystick flight simulator

    John wrote:
    > Hello. I just bought MS Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004. I started the games
    > using the keyboard, but i have a laptop (HP) which doesn't even have a
    > numberpad, so it is not the best means of plane control I would ask for.
    >
    > I also have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed.
    >
    > What would be a good USB joystick which would work with the games and with
    > WINXP and is still supported?
    >
    > (Have heard that many joysticks don't work with XP and are not supported).
    >
    > Thanks for the info/advice!
    >
    > John

    I use Logittech WingMan Force 3D amd it works great for me.

    L.

    Hi John,

    I used the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II for a long time

    http://us.thrustmaster.com/products/dsp_fam.php?fam=6

    Very tough, very stable, good precision flying.

    Thomas.

    --
    http://www.suchanhannover.de
    please use the eMail address listed on the web page.

    I use the Logitech Wingman Force 3D and find it excellent. Tip for FS9 is
    to set the force strength to 125% to get the proper tension on the stick.
    Otherwise, if it is set too low, it tends to wiggle around which affects the
    flight attitudes.

    Arthur

    "£ukasz C" <sail0r@o2.pl> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >> Hello. I just bought MS Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004. I started the
    >> games using the keyboard, but i have a laptop (HP) which doesn't even
    >> have a numberpad, so it is not the best means of plane control I would
    >> ask for.
    >>
    >> I also have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed.
    >>
    >> What would be a good USB joystick which would work with the games and
    >> with WINXP and is still supported?
    >>
    >> (Have heard that many joysticks don't work with XP and are not
    >> supported).
    >>
    >> Thanks for the info/advice!
    >>
    >> John
    > I use Logittech WingMan Force 3D amd it works great for me.
    >
    > L.

    John, I used the laptop keyboard to control the aircraft for a long time
    before my first stick. Had to have the NUMLOC key depressed and engaged.
    then the embedded keypad on the keyboard can be used to turn or view. ( had
    to press shift key plus number key to change views if memory serves me
    correctly. such as 'shift4 looks left, shift 6 looks right, etc. Hope that
    gets you flying till the stick issue gets sorted out.
    Danny

    "John" <cpocpo@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Hello. I just bought MS Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004. I started the
    games
    > using the keyboard, but i have a laptop (HP) which doesn't even have a
    > numberpad, so it is not the best means of plane control I would ask for.
    >
    > I also have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed.
    >
    > What would be a good USB joystick which would work with the games and with
    > WINXP and is still supported?
    >
    > (Have heard that many joysticks don't work with XP and are not supported).
    >
    > Thanks for the info/advice!
    >
    > John

    A while back I asked about joysticks and the Saitek Cyborg EVO was
    recommended amount others. I eventually get the EVO and I have found it
    equal to what I was hoping on. Now I just need to develop my skills.
    Thanks

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia's Muire duit

    see I was going to by the Cyborg evo, but I hated where the throttle was
    positioned, so i went with the Platinum, and I prefer this more then the EVO

    --
    www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
    "Joseph Meehan" <sligojoe_Spamno@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > A while back I asked about joysticks and the Saitek Cyborg EVO was
    > recommended amount others. I eventually get the EVO and I have found it
    > equal to what I was hoping on. Now I just need to develop my skills.
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > Joseph Meehan
    >
    > Dia's Muire duit