installing windows 95 on formatted hard drive

Hi - Hope someone can help me. I promised my Gateway desktop to a family
with kids and wanted to clean it up before delivering it. I formatted the
hard drive and now cannot install Windows 95 because I cannot get the
computer to recognize either of the CD drives. ONly recognizes A and C
Please help.

Thanks,
Mary Lou
1 answer Last reply
More about installing windows formatted hard drive

    "Mary Lou" <maryleelou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi - Hope someone can help me. I promised my Gateway desktop to a family
    > with kids and wanted to clean it up before delivering it. I formatted the
    > hard drive and now cannot install Windows 95 because I cannot get the
    > computer to recognize either of the CD drives. ONly recognizes A and C
    > Please help.

    Use one of the utilities at www.bootdisk.com to create a boot floppy. This
    will make your cd drive R:.

Hard Drives Windows 95 Windows