installing windows 95 on formatted hard drive

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
October 31, 2004 1:09:30 AM

Hi - Hope someone can help me. I promised my Gateway desktop to a family
with kids and wanted to clean it up before delivering it. I formatted the
hard drive and now cannot install Windows 95 because I cannot get the
computer to recognize either of the CD drives. ONly recognizes A and C
Please help.

Thanks,
Mary Lou
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 1:09:31 AM

"Mary Lou" <maryleelou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi - Hope someone can help me. I promised my Gateway desktop to a family
> with kids and wanted to clean it up before delivering it. I formatted the
> hard drive and now cannot install Windows 95 because I cannot get the
> computer to recognize either of the CD drives. ONly recognizes A and C
> Please help.

Use one of the utilities at www.bootdisk.com to create a boot floppy. This
will make your cd drive R:.