Question: How To Format C: Drive

Adam

Hi,

I need to format my C: drive due to missing files, would
anyone be able to tell me how I can do this.

Once the PC has been formated will I be able to install
windows again just by placing the CD into the drive and
re booting the system.

All your support is appreciated.

Adam.

Hi

Do you know which files are missing? From Start>Run type

sfc /scannow

The above will check for any corrupted system files and replace them. You
will need to have your XP CD to hand.

If that doesn't help, you can try a 'Repair' install of XP:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups