Problem with Microsoft Photo Editor

I am using Windows 95.

I used to view pictures with Microsoft Photo Editor and everything was fine
until I changed the viewer to IE (using 'Open With' command). I decided that
I still prefer Microsoft Photo Editor as viewer so I changed the association
back.

Now, when I double click a picture (jpg file), Microsoft Photo Editor opens
but the picture does not appear.

What should I do now?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try using Irfanviewer from http://www.irfanview.com/ or the XNViewer from
http://www.xnview.com/.

Otherwise, you could try clicking on Add/Remove Programs => Windows Setup
tab and see if there is an option to add/remove the Photo Editor. If so,
remove it and then add it back

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

"supercloudbug" wrote:

> I am using Windows 95.
>
> I used to view pictures with Microsoft Photo Editor and everything was fine
> until I changed the viewer to IE (using 'Open With' command). I decided that
> I still prefer Microsoft Photo Editor as viewer so I changed the association
> back.
>
> Now, when I double click a picture (jpg file), Microsoft Photo Editor opens
> but the picture does not appear.
>
> What should I do now?

Open an Explorer Windows and choose View / Options. Select File Types and
scroll the list until you find JPG files. Select the JPG file type and
choose Edit. Select Open and choose Edit. Make sure that the Application
used to perform action command line ends in a "%1" (with the quotes). So the
line will look something like (guessing at the program name) -
"C:\Program Files\Photo Editor\Editor.exe" "%1"
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"supercloudbug" <supercloudbug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows 95.
>
> I used to view pictures with Microsoft Photo Editor and everything was
> fine
> until I changed the viewer to IE (using 'Open With' command). I decided
> that
> I still prefer Microsoft Photo Editor as viewer so I changed the
> association
> back.
>
> Now, when I double click a picture (jpg file), Microsoft Photo Editor
> opens
> but the picture does not appear.
>
> What should I do now?

Why would anyone need to reinstall a program to simply "re-associate" a
file type? Do you know how much havoc reinstalling an Office component
can cause? Things like findfast, ciecero, mdm.exe, and a pile more that
I forget about that takes a week and a half to get rid of when you can
do a three second file association?

John

Andreware@J30AD.org wrote:

> SNIP!
>
> Oh, guys I'm disappointed. Everyone who has used Office knows Photo
> Editor comes with Office and is in the \Program Files\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd folder.
>
> Add/Remove Office and select the 'Repair' or 'Reinstall' option.
>
> Andrew Wilcox

Also fix your stupid calendar! We are now in the year 2004. A few good
joints can make the years fly by... where were U in 1997?

John

Andreware@J30AD.org wrote:

> SNIP!
>
> Oh, guys I'm disappointed. Everyone who has used Office knows Photo
> Editor comes with Office and is in the \Program Files\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd folder.
>
> Add/Remove Office and select the 'Repair' or 'Reinstall' option.
>
> Andrew Wilcox

bubbah

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I have another problem with PhotoEd.exe ...I love this program. I have it via Office97 but now use Office2007. The program suddenly, without notice, now opens minimized, and will ONLY maximize ...it will NOT reduce to a window as it always did. I wiped the folder of the contents (all the executables, dlls, etc.) and had windows installer "repair" it ...same ...what now?