Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Torn Between Two Printers...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 3:05:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.


http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html

...but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html

So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
scanner/copier as well.

Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.

thanks.

More about : torn printers

Anonymous
November 20, 2004 10:06:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>,
mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote:

> I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
>
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
>
> ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
>
> So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
> great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
> has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
> scanner/copier as well.
>
> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
> thanks.

Get the Lexmark. In addition to the driver software, Lexmark also
installs spyware that reports back to Lexmark.

You get more with Lexmark.
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 2:03:48 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

davem wrote:

> I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
>
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
>
> ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
>
> So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
> great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
> has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
> scanner/copier as well.
>
> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
> thanks.


I keep hearing from my Lexmark owning friends that they cost of
cartridges is too high.

I tell them to use the money they saved on lower purchase price to buy
more cartridges.

They keep telling me that the money they saved by buying Lexmark isn't
enough to buy ONE set of cartridges.

I keep asking them "Why the heck did you buy Lexmark, then?"

They tell me "Oh, Shutup".



If you want to tell somebody to "Shutup" when you complain about
expensive cartridge costs, then you should buy a Lexmark.



Jim

--
................................


Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com
Related resources
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 5:20:20 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On 20 Nov 2004 12:05:20 -0800, mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote:

>I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
>
>
>http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
>
>..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
>
>http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
>
>So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
>great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
>has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
>scanner/copier as well.
>
>Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
>thanks.

Don't buy Lexmark - they are awful printers, break down easily
(usually a day or two after the warranty runs out) and charge much
more for their cartridges.

Stick with either Epson, Canon or HP.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com
veni, vidi, reliqui
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 6:26:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote in message news:<eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>...
> I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
>
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
>
> ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
>
> So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
> great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
> has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
> scanner/copier as well.
>
> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
> thanks.

Look at the price for new ink-cartridges ...

Winfried
November 21, 2004 4:59:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

>> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
>Get the Lexmark. In addition to the driver software, Lexmark also
>installs spyware that reports back to Lexmark.
>
>You get more with Lexmark.

Hahaha...now that's just too funny.
:) 
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 8:59:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Thanks for all the help,guys!

After reading them, i decided to go for the HP 7260 instead. It costs
a few bucks more but im sure its worth it...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236...















mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote in message news:<eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>...
> I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
>
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
>
> ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
>
> http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
>
> So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
> great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
> has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
> scanner/copier as well.
>
> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
>
> thanks.
!