Torn Between Two Printers...

I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html

...but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html

So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
scanner/copier as well.

Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.

thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about torn printers

    In article <eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>,
    mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote:

    > I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
    >

    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
    >
    > ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
    >
    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
    >
    > So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
    > great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
    > has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
    > scanner/copier as well.
    >
    > Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    > thanks.

    Get the Lexmark. In addition to the driver software, Lexmark also
    installs spyware that reports back to Lexmark.

    You get more with Lexmark.

    davem wrote:

    > I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
    >

    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
    >
    > ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
    >
    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
    >
    > So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
    > great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
    > has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
    > scanner/copier as well.
    >
    > Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    > thanks.

    I keep hearing from my Lexmark owning friends that they cost of
    cartridges is too high.

    I tell them to use the money they saved on lower purchase price to buy
    more cartridges.

    They keep telling me that the money they saved by buying Lexmark isn't
    enough to buy ONE set of cartridges.

    I keep asking them "Why the heck did you buy Lexmark, then?"

    They tell me "Oh, Shutup".

    If you want to tell somebody to "Shutup" when you complain about
    expensive cartridge costs, then you should buy a Lexmark.

    Jim

    Keepsake gift for young girls.
    Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
    Builds strong minds 12 ways.
    Guaranteed satisfaction
    - courteous money back
    - keep bonus gifts

    http://www.alicebook.com

    On 20 Nov 2004 12:05:20 -0800, mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote:

    >I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
    >

    >http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
    >
    >..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
    >
    >http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
    >
    >So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
    >great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
    >has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
    >scanner/copier as well.
    >
    >Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    >thanks.

    Don't buy Lexmark - they are awful printers, break down easily
    (usually a day or two after the warranty runs out) and charge much
    more for their cartridges.

    Stick with either Epson, Canon or HP.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote in message news:<eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>...
    > I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
    >

    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
    >
    > ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
    >
    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
    >
    > So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
    > great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
    > has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
    > scanner/copier as well.
    >
    > Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    > thanks.

    Look at the price for new ink-cartridges ...

    Winfried

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    >Get the Lexmark. In addition to the driver software, Lexmark also
    >installs spyware that reports back to Lexmark.
    >
    >You get more with Lexmark.

    Hahaha...now that's just too funny.
    :)

    Thanks for all the help,guys!

    After reading them, i decided to go for the HP 7260 instead. It costs
    a few bucks more but im sure its worth it...

    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-64340-15100-f12-305336-305338-305339.html

    mudpucket@hotmail.com (davem) wrote in message news:<eb96d52f.0411201205.6f62e7f5@posting.google.com>...
    > I bought this printer, an Epson C46, for my wife as an xmas gift.
    >

    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/65_196045.html
    >
    > ..but now i see this one, a Lexmark X1180 for a much cheaper price....
    >
    > http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/67_186066.html
    >
    > So, which would you say is the best? I know Epson has always had a
    > great name for printer quality,right? But it seeems that this Lexmark
    > has better phto-printing quality, nevermind the fact that its a
    > scanner/copier as well.
    >
    > Anyways, id like to hear some suggestions.
    >
    > thanks.

Printers Epson Peripherals