Spyware

Are these files Spyware/Adware ?
If so which App. would be the best to "Kill'um" ?

Winadctl.exe
Winadalt.exe
WinAdshift.dll

I can't delete them. Tried. Found them in a new file
(C:\Program Files\Windows AdControl) called "Windows AdControl"
2 answers Last reply
More about spyware

    Adware.

    Have you tried booting to DOS and deleting them?
    ....or perhaps Safe Mode?

    Have you tried removing them from startup?
    This is good for Win95:
    Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
    http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
    (Startman.exe down at the bottom)
    This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "dan" <4dsf@NoSpaM.com>
    wrote:

    >Are these files Spyware/Adware ?
    >If so which App. would be the best to "Kill'um" ?
    >
    >Winadctl.exe
    >Winadalt.exe
    >WinAdshift.dll
    >
    >I can't delete them. Tried. Found them in a new file
    >(C:\Program Files\Windows AdControl) called "Windows AdControl"

    Alan thanx for the pointers and link.
    After putting my laziness aside, I also did a GOOGLE,
    and came up with this little cutie of a Freeware App.; MoveOnBoot. Very
    nice.

    http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

    Works great and no issues. Check it out.

    Thanx again for your help !

Microsoft Spyware Windows