Spyware

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
November 13, 2004 3:42:41 AM

Are these files Spyware/Adware ?
If so which App. would be the best to "Kill'um" ?

Winadctl.exe
Winadalt.exe
WinAdshift.dll

I can't delete them. Tried. Found them in a new file
(C:\Program Files\Windows AdControl) called "Windows AdControl"

More about : spyware

Anonymous
November 13, 2004 9:29:38 PM

Adware.

Have you tried booting to DOS and deleting them?
....or perhaps Safe Mode?

Have you tried removing them from startup?
This is good for Win95:
Startup Manager (Brad Stowers)
http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/startupcpl/
(Startman.exe down at the bottom)
This is a free and painless way to manipulate the Startup procedures.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion, "dan" <4dsf@NoSpaM.com>
wrote:

>Are these files Spyware/Adware ?
>If so which App. would be the best to "Kill'um" ?
>
>Winadctl.exe
>Winadalt.exe
>WinAdshift.dll
>
>I can't delete them. Tried. Found them in a new file
>(C:\Program Files\Windows AdControl) called "Windows AdControl"

November 13, 2004 9:29:39 PM

Alan thanx for the pointers and link.
After putting my laziness aside, I also did a GOOGLE,
and came up with this little cutie of a Freeware App.; MoveOnBoot. Very
nice.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

Works great and no issues. Check it out.

Thanx again for your help !
!