parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
does anyone know the die temp for this chip? im thinkin bout overclocking, idle temp is 36C and while scanning for artifacts, running speedfan, cpu z, digidoc, steam, and firefox cpu has been under 100% load for a long ass time, and video hasnt gone over 56C yet (cpu is 61, its prob a misread sincee temp idle is 50 with artic silver5 and thermaltake heatsink) but im wondering what the die temp for x700pro is so that i can overclock it a bit for more performance :p thanks

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
It'll be between 76 C and 84 C, likely close to 79-80 C.
Depends how well calibrated the sensor is.

But yes, just push it until it starts failing tests, (if that is your thing), but 'test'* it overnight (6+ hours is good) once you think it is just right, then go back 3 MHz on core/vram just to be sure.

* ('test', not push it till it breaks)

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i use ATI tool and it overclocks it for me automatically... i tried to increase memory and core at about the same rate, are u saying that i shouldnt do this? try to get the memory to a stable speed and then overclock core till its unstable and drop it down 5 or 10 mhz? because if so, then ive been doing it all wrong :)... i overclocked it before and i believe i got the core to 490 before computer randomly rebooted... so maybe ill try for 1000 memory and 450ish on core? sound possible?